Distance Education
5 Pros of virtual schools
1. Take variety of classes most likely not offered in a standard school
2. Money invested is re-invested into maintaining the program
3. Numerous awards bestowed on program means schools is up to standards of state and national level of education
4. Works in cooperation with local schools
5. Classes offered year around and have extended time for completion
5 Cons of virtual schools
1. Costs money when going to local public school does not
2. Diminishes the relationship between student and teacher
3. Answers to questions could take days to get a response instead of having the teacher answer the question in class
4. Student just reads book, does not obtain knowledge with retention
5. Classes are offered but not affordable to those students with financial needs
How would you determine the readiness of students to participate in distance delivery?
I would asses their pervious work throughout high school and middle school and give this information to the parents. Ultimately I feel it would be the parent’s decision if they want to pay and let their child participate in a class where the student is solely responsible for their actions. This could lead to some children not being ready for this commitment and failing at this which would lead to a drop in the students self esteem. Overall I feel that the student has to prove himself to classroom teachers and parents in order to be accepted or be able to apply for a distance delivery education.
What would you need to do to be able to tech in a virtual school?
I would need to be computer literate more so then I am now. To teach this type of class or program I would need to have a full lesson plan devised and reformatted to work with a distance delivery setting. I feel I would have needed to teach in a public classroom for a while which would allow me to get myself situated with a real classroom then I would move on to an internet classroom. I feel it would be hard to teach online because at most the teacher would present the material and expect quizzes and tests back in a timely manner. I want to be a teacher, not a webmaster. Overall I feel that if I got offered the opportunity to teach a class on the internet, I would decline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment